Tuesday, April 3, 2012

10 Thoughts on Whole Living

Each time we visit my parents' house, I can't help but dig into the pile of magazines carefully arranged on the coffee table while siting in the family room ... Mom gets such a varied collection - quilting, artful sewing, Minnesota Monthly, catalogues, you name it ... there's probably one in the stack.  Well, a few years ago, my Mom subscribed me to a magazine that she knew I loved .. because I raved about it every time we visited their house!  One day she whispered, "It's ... a Martha Stewart magazine ..." the name practically shameful after what she went through with her shenanigans inside of her "corporate life" ... but the magazine really is to die for ... and the only magazines I subscribe to and drool over each month!

It's called Whole Living ... and it's fabulous.  It meshes well with our lifestyle, our goals for our family ... it's thoughtful, interesting, filled with recipes, gardening, cooking, living tips ... and I found myself pondering their monthly one-pager that goes by the name of 10 Thoughts on Whole Living ... I'd like to share it with you!

1.  When you need to find your way, check your roots.
2. Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools.
3. Beauty is a mosaic, not a mind-set.
4. Wouldn't it be boring if the journey threw no curves?
5. Make eating more sensory: Think about experiencing texture and aroma as well as taste.
6. Flaws build character, not shortcomings.
7. Collect and curate simplicities that lift your spirits.
8. Challenge your brain the way you do your body.
9. If you can't stay, smile as you walk by.
10. Amuse and enrich your palate with varied, colorful foods.

I could easily reflect upon each of these in my day-to-day or week-by-week life ... as I think about my body image after having a baby (and how different I wish it were 10 months later ...), healthful eating and cooking, being friendly to the people who enter your life, even if you don't have time for a long chat - simply looking up, smiling, greeting someone with a 'hello' or 'good morning' - I've learned it's impossible to ignore people when you've got a ridiculously cute baby staring someone down that you may not want to talk to ;-)

So read, reflect.  These 10 thoughts come from the March 2012 issue of Whole Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment