Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Splish Splash

We've had such gorgeous weather here in Indiana these last few weeks.  We've really been spoiled, being able to leave the windows open day and night, enjoying the sunshine (or shade) and play outside in the afternoons, go for walks, you name it ... This morning, Ryan even took little T for a walk around the neighborhood while I had a fabulous visit with a Mary Kay consultant, Tricia (... tell her I sent ya and I think I get a bonus - also, NO S&H! Cool!)!

I was so glad to be able to meet with Tricia after I met her at the Women's Expo last err .. March?! I felt miserable cancelling on her TWICE because of Thomas' bad bout with ear infections .. and then a THIRD time because my "friends" with the Mom's group cancelled on me .. but to my relief, she came to my home for a 1 on 1 appointment.  I was in such need of a make up refresher, after using the same eye shadow colors since HIGH SCHOOL ... way back when Heather Nelson (no, not related..) recommended a brand and color of eye shadow that I enjoyed! Hahah

Needless to say, I was in love with the make up products Tricia recommended for me, and I walked away with more products than I initially thought I would.  I am now the proud owner of new eye shadow colors (I wonder if Heather Nelson knows about this product ...), a lip gloss that makes me look as mature as my professional and always gorgeous big sister Gisela, and a foundation that meets my specifications ... Cool!  I'm excited to have an excuse to slap it all on my face this weekend for a family wedding we are attending ..!  I was in such a mom rut ... yoga pants + nursing tanks, anyone? ;-)

................

This afternoon was pretty relaxed, as well. Thomas took a nap or two, went shopping with me, and played in the back yard.  I just had to share some photos!  Given the heat, I was pretty bummed that I didn't put out our crabby kiddy pool (once I get it out I promise I'll take pictures and share .. you'll understand .. hahah).  So instead I brought out 2 of my nesting mixing bowls that we received as a gift from Gisela when we first moved into our apartment 5 years ago!  Thomas is such a water baby, he looooved splashing, dropping rocks into the bowls, fishing them out, putting them in his mouth .. oh wait .. Mom didn't love that part .. hahah









It's pretty cute, because these days he is all about sharing - he will pass you something he is snacking on, or just hold it out for you to "taste" before pulling away and zipping it back into his own mouth.

Dad even came outside to read on his new birthday present - an Asus tablet!  It's pretty cool for him to be able to read his research articles electronically .. not to mention all of the trees he'll be saving, not having to print off all those research articles.  Speaking of saving trees, he has an interview next week!  At Cal-Berkely!  Keep your fingers crossed!  If we were to move out that far, I promise, I won't chain myself to any trees ... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. HANNAH! hahahahaha <3 Thomas is so cute! Love how long your little grassy knoll is, too. I can't wait for you to come visit and help me plan out my garden :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 trees in my front yard that you can chain to. Room service is included. :)

    ReplyDelete