Wednesday, May 9, 2012

9 Days ...

... in nothing but cloth!!!

So far, so good!  It's been fabulous to be disposable free - in wipe and diaper categories, that is.  We've even been entertaining the idea of going paper towel free ... I am entertaining the idea of using Mom's serger when I'm home in June to create a bunch of "Jesus Cloths," as my sister calls them - undershirts, t-shirts, recycled, reusable clothes - to keep on hand for cleaning house, wiping up spills, sanitizing counters after cooking, etc ... I think the challenge comes with keeping them easily accessible ... which is what I have discovered with cloth wipes and dipes ...

After 9 days in cloth dipes at night, I've fallen in love with our ONE Bum Genius pocket diaper .. mostly because he slept thru the night in that diaper .. and it seemed to protect him from the wetness best .. The thing with the GroVia diapers is that Thomas seems to "sit" in the wetness.

That being said .. we are currently slathering on coconut oil like wild people .. onto his little diaper-area-privates .. referring to it as his, "coconut oil massage" .. because of the terrible irritation he has in his diaper-area .. I don't know if it's risidual from the antibiotics and diarrhea he's been combating for an entire month .. or a result of the extra wetness at night ..

So here I sit .. and a crossroads .. should I trade out our 3-4 GroVia all-in-one diapers (bought just for night time ... which I don't love because of the poo factor ...) in favor of Bum Genius pockets for nighttime ... or should I take a week break from our 21-day challenge ... to treat his rash with barrier creams, Lotrimin (could it be yeast?? but it's not spreading??), and a bit of extra dryness?  I'm already changing him every 2 hours and 1-2 times at night (depending on when he wakes) ...


You could say I am at a cloth loss ... Thoughts?? I am really in need of ideas here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment